It is not necessary to repurchase the class at the original price. Memberships may be extended in 1 yr. increments only. You may purchase a 1 yr. extension for $35 (coupon codes do not apply) If interested, email me to begin the process.
This 2009 class is the antidote for all of those paper scraps that keep multiplying in your favorite scrap box and clogging up your artistic super highway! Seen above are 2 lovely journals made by class members. See more HERE.
In this process AND project oriented class we’ll be constructing a shabby yet sturdy journal using all that paper you’ve been hoarding. I’ll show you how I built the kind of travel journals seen HERE, HERE, or HERE. Both of those were filled to capacity in 2 weeks and you’ll do the same with yours without ever leaving home! In addition to excellent travel journals & memory books, Remains of the Day journals also make excellent mini-scrapbooks, funky day planners, writing journals, collage journals, garden journal, or inspiration books.
Using simple art supplies like tape, staples, glue sticks, scissors, paper & fabric scraps, and your favorite inky pen we’ll set out on a recycled voyage of discovery. ORDINARY life never looked better than seen through the pages of this stitched up journal of scraps. Between these pages you’ll be recording the little days that are all too easily forgotten. The small activities between the bigger events of your life that get left behind.
Once your shabby journal is constructed I’ll show you how to start filling it up. In fact, you’ll watch me fill mine up!
- registration (see below) for this self-paced class is ongoing.
- You may begin whenever you want and revisit the videos and class blog for 1yr/$35 or 2 yrs./$45 – if there’s an active sale you must use the coupon code.
- 27 videos available from the day you register
- 32 pages of full-color PDF also available for immediate download
- at least 5 pages of digital collage elements for download (labels, tabs, numbers, words, journaling spots)
- sewing machine is required
- SUPPLY LIST = scraps of paper, security envelopes, fabric, sewing machine, quilting thread, 1 yard of waxed linen, regular or bookbinding needle, scotch tape, packing tape, your choice of dry adhesive (I’m using a glue stick), any kind of camera
- A fast computer (with current software updates) & high-speed internet service to process & watch the videos will be vital as well as enough technical know-how to download and print the PDF documents. If you are regularly able to watch videos of up to 10 minutes in length w/o interruption you should be just fine. Do make sure though, since tuition is non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a sewing course, but a sewing machine is required. I am not a seamstress. I use guerrilla sewing tactics and so can you!
If you don’t have a machine, I use the Brother XL-2600i. It’s inexpensive – under $100, VERY sturdy, and sews through anything. However, I suggest you use whatever machine you have instead of purchasing a new one.
IF THE IDEA OF SEWING UP A SHABBY BOOK OF SCRAPS SEEMS CHALLENGING…DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED!!! I teach 2nd grade craft monkeys (whose primary language is not English) on a regular basis. I will take you by the hand and guide you through each step. Like I tell my students: everything seems difficult if you don’t know how to do it. I’ll answer your questions and provide counsel to your most elementary questions.
Here’s a badge for your blogs if you would like one…thanks! Please link back to this page.